Original 80’s Song Titles before they were changed by the artists to appeal to the mass market.
1. Simply Red – If You Don’t Know Me by Now (you haven’t been paying attention to our conversations you ignorant prat).
2. Fine Young Cannibals – She Drives Me Crazy (when she talks during the football).
3. Cher – If I Could Turn Back Time (I wouldn’t have gone for the cheesecake as your tiramisu looked nicer).
4. Belinda Carlisle – Leave a Light On (as I’ve just watched ‘Halloween’ and I’ve got a loose bladder).
5. Texas – I Don’t Want a Lover (I want a man who does the ironing for me).
6. Glenn Medeiros – Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You (unless you keep cooking kippers on a Tuesday).
7. Tiffany – I Think We’re Alone Now (apart from all the voices in my head and my invisible unicorn Neville).
8. Belinda Carlisle – Heaven Is a Place on Earth (called Scunthorpe).
9. Phil Collins – Two Hearts (make you Doctor Who).
10. Cher – I Found Someone (to sort out my plumbing, so take those rubber gloves off).
11. Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up (unless I’m offered a bag of Malteasers).
12. Jackie Wilson – I Get the Sweetest Feeling (when I eat too much fudge).
13. Terence Trent D’Arby – If You Let Me Stay (I’ll put up that shelf you wanted and treat you to a bag of chips).
14. George Michael – I Want Your Sex (but a Mars bar will do if you’re tired).
15. Level 43 – Running in the Family (ended with me, I’m a walker).
16. Robert Palmer – Addicted to Love (and pizza and Haribo sweets).
17. Phyllis Nelson – Move Closer (because you smell of cottage pie and I really want to sniff you).
18. Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World (except me, I’m a lazy ass and just want to watch Bargain Hunt on TV).
19. Bruce Springsteen – Dancing in the Dark (because I’ve not paid the leccy again).
20. Kate Bush – Running Up That Hill (has given me shocking shin splints).
21. Paul Young – Every Time You Go Away (your best friend Laura plays Scrabble and eats pork pies with me).
22. Fine Young Cannibals – Johnny Come Home (your spaghetti hoops are starting to congeal).
23. Stevie Wonder – I Just Called to Say I Love You (and to cadge a lift home because I’ve missed the last bus).
24. Nik Kershaw – Wouldn’t It Be Good (if I was a ginger cat and lived with Mrs. Jones in number 42).
25. Cyndi Lauper – Girl’s Just Want to Have Fun (and a man that does the dusting).
26. Ultravox – Dancing with Tears In My Eyes (because I’ve stubbed my toe yet again on that ugly coffee table).
27. Chaka Khan – Ain’t Nobody (gonna to eat my last Rolo).
28. Siouxsie & The Banshees – Dear Prudence (stop eating the food on my shelf in the fridge or I will wrap your feet in cellophane while you sleep).
29. Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Come on Eileen (that table’s not going to take your weight much longer, and for Gawd’s sake put your boobs away
30. Yazoo – Only You (make me want to throw myself off a stepladder while eating a cactus).
31. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll (sausage rolls, swiss rolls, forward rolls and fat rolls).
32. Human League – Don’t You Want Me (suspended by fraying wool over a shark tank).
33. The Police – Every Little Thing She Does is Magic (apart from Yorkshire puddings, she can’t make those for jack.)
34. Odyssey – Going Back to My Roots (because peroxide prices are extortionate).
35. Abba – One of Us (is an annoying twat and it’s not me).
36. Depeche Mode – Just Can’t Get Enough (of you mum’s apple chutney).
37. The Police – Don’t Stand So Close to Me (I had a curry last night).
38. The Nolans – I’m in the Mood for Dancing (but my bunions have other ideas).
39. Blondie – Call Me (if you’re having pizza tonight, but not if you’re having anchovies on it).
40. Prince – Let’s Go Crazy (and have a dessert and the cheeseboard).
41. Duran Duran – Hungry Like the Wolf (so two pasties and a doughnut for me please).
42. Wham – Last Christmas (you didn’t buy me a chocolate orange and I can never forgive you).
43. Queen – Under Pressure (I eat lots of cake and watch the True Movie channel).
44. Whitesnake – Here I Go Again (picking up your socks from the floor, lazy git.)
45. The Cure – Pictures of You (make me want to vomit and I use them on my dart board).
46. Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar on Me (as I’m having a hypo and my insulin’s not kicking in).
47. ACDC – Back in Black (because I’ve eaten too many Easter eggs and my backside is the size of Luxemburg).
48. Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now (unless my passport doesn’t come back because I left it late as per usual).
49. U2 – Where the Streets Have No Name (I get a bit lost and have to use my sat nav).
50. Bros – I Owe You Nothing (apart from maybe that 10p I borrowed in 1984 for a Curly Wurly).